Friday, March 07, 2008

Crossfaded and re-released

I often find myself very upset with the modern age, fantasizing about times when our lives were not a continuous stream of self-administered doses of stress. But every now and then there are these amazing moments of clarity when i realized what we gained from giving up what i would assume is the ideal lifestyle. (and if you've read Ishmael you know what lifestyle I'm talking about)

Todays moment of clarity was that I can have several gigs worth of music at my disposal at pretty much all times. Music from all sorts of genres from all over the world all sent to me in an instant, and soon i will be able to mix it and create new versions to share.

Do you ever have a moment when your listening to a song, usually your alone but it is the perfect song for that moment in time? For example its just the best song to be driving down the road that day as that it matches your emotions at that moment perfectly. This happens to me and i get this pleasurable sensation down my spine. It starts at the base and then goes up to the back of my skull and then i get a warmth that spreads out through my entire body. It is absolutely amazing. I like to pretend like I'm a primitivist anarchist, but i know quite well there is no way i could ever sacrifice my access to music, high quality speakers, and the many different ways to make many different types of music. I love it all

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home