Monday, October 08, 2007

Said the shotgun...

After swimming through the river
caught a few leeches and a bad shiver
thought that the water, so cold
would help me be so bold
but no, all i do now is quiver

its like the thoughts that race around my head
that fever, that sense of dread
My mind leaping over the tops of trees
spreading my internal disease
its these words i want to shed

Its me, the river and the trees
the birds and the bees
the xo's and the skeez
everything, interconnected
everything, disconnected
yet even the river seems misdirected

scatterbrained, like a shotgun put to the head
and it said, never think your better off dead
I know im an instrument of death and deviance
but theres wisdom in my black barrel, but even this is,
pointless i tell you, quit all your whining suicidal
live in this moment I give to you, waves tidal
Must wash over you, this moment is so vital
just like every other moment i give
all i want you to do is live

And so i kick my feet, keep my head above the water
shotgun, long gone, preemptive slaughter
thinking of the days that have passed
and how it compares and contrasts
as the earth gets hotter and hotter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home